1. What is Partner Lead Management Tool?
The one stop shop for partners to seek support from Microsoft. The ideal way to close deals with your customers and do profitable business. It brings you concessional and non-concessional benefits on the deals you close under one roof.
2. What is the difference between Deal Registration & SMB Partner Lead Management Tool?
Deal Registration was only offering discounts however Partner Lead Management
Tool will provide with both concession & non-concessional benefits.
3. How do I get concession through Partner Lead Management Tool?
Through Deal Registration Program.
Fill in Lead Submission form by selecting Deal Reg option.
4. What are Deal Types in PLMT?
5. What is the validity of DR, DRV & VDR leads
Please refer Deal Registration T&C
6. What are non-concessional benefits?
There are couple of non-concessional benefits
7. What is Software Asset Management?
Software Asset Management (SAM) is an industry best practice that helps you control costs and optimize software investments across your organization and throughout all stages of their life cycles. Administered through an ongoing plan, SAM makes it easier to identify what you have, where it's running, and whether redundancy may exist. A fully implemented SAM plan can help you cut costs, improve security and compliance, and also anticipate future software needs. SAM also helps organizations accurately capture the costs and benefits associated with IT projects that enable a competitive advantage.
If your business relies on its IT operations to operate smoothly and efficiently, you are probably well aware of the complexities of managing software across an entire organization. What is the best way to control costs and manage business and legal risks? Could you do more with the software you already have? Will your current IT infrastructure be able to expand as your company grows?
8. As a Partner, how do I register to the program?
Open www.plmt.microsoft.com and click on âSign upâ. Fill in all the details.
On successful registration, you will be sent a username & password to login. The username & password must be changed after 1st time login by the partner. Every unique Partner Organisation will have only a single user id & password.
9. As a Partner, how do I submit the lead?
Login to www.plmt.microsoft.com using your user id & password. Once you have logged in click Lead Submission form fill the mandatory fields
10. What is the duration for Deal Registration Program?
The Duration of the program begins and ends every quarter of the year Please refer T&C for updates.
11. What are the benefits for participating in the Deal Registration program?
Benefits for the Partner:
Benefit for the customer:
The customer will enjoy the following discounts through the first Partner through whom the Customer lead is submitted and once the deal is Approved:
12. As a Partner what is the Eligibility Criteria for me to participate Deal Registration program?
The following Partners are eligible to participate in the Program:
13. What should be the minimum Deal Value?
Minimum Deal Value of Eligible Products is as follows:
14. What are the eligible products SKUs available for discount? Where can I get the complete list of the products and the available discounts?
* Above SKUâs vary every quarter. Please refer T&C for latest updates.
15. How do I submit leads
On the right hand side click on Lead Submission, which allows the partners to submit lead individually.
Upload Partner lead, allows the partner to upload more than one lead at a time.
16. What is the eligible License for Deal Registration Program?
The following are the Eligible Licensing under this Program:
17. What are the eligible Customer segment(s) Category for whom Leads can be submitted?
The following are the Eligible Customer Segment(s) eligible for the Program:
18. Are there a maximum number of leads that a Partner Organisation can submit at a point of time?
Eligible Partner Organizations are allowed to submit only 150 deals nationally(Please refer T&C for update), approved on a first come first served basis. Also, Approved deals may be rejected at any time based on Compliance audits and consistency checks.
Please note: Only 1 login per partner organization will be valid for the purpose of this program
19. As a Customer, how do I get the discount?
Please get in touch with your Registered Microsoft Partner and share your IT requirement with him. As soon as he submits your lead on the portal and the same is approved, you are eligible to get the discounts (as applicable) on your order.
Remember, these discounts are available to you only through the first partner who registers your IT requirements with Microsoft.
20. If I have already registered in the Deal Reg program that was launched previously, do I need to register again?
21. What is digital lead?
Digital lead is nothing but the leads that are of Microsoft Online products. Customer can also find the Microsoft Partner based on his requirement from /www.microsoft.com/en-in/server-cloud/audience/partner.aspx
22. What is valuesell lead?
Leads which comes through Deal registration (No SAM & Compliance lead included) and Licensing Help are called valuesell lead.
23. What is Agency Leads?
Leads that are identified by Agency/SAM Partner and uploaded by them into PLMT.
24. As a partner, how can I register for a program?
Partner can register for the program through contest & program tab On the Left, and select Register. Fill in the details and submit.
25. As a Partner, how can I view the cashback details?
Partner can see the cashback offers under View cashback tab.
27. As a Partner, where can i get the user guide for new sales motion?
Partner can download the document from
28. What is Partner Center (PC)?
Currently, Partner Membership Center (PMC) is the source of all organization and user level relationship data for the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN). MPN Membership data (both users and organizations) is being moved from PMC to Partner Center.
Partner Membership Center will start getting deprecated from October 2018.
In FY19 (until PMC is retired entirely by the end of fiscal year), PLMT will support both MSA and AAD for authentication to ensure that new and migrating partners will continue to have access.
29. Why the partners should register in Partner Center (PC)?
All partners of Microsoft are being provided with new login mechanism, Azure Active Directory (AAD), for authentication and is more secure when compared to PMC.
All partners of Microsoft must migrate to Partner Center eventually. If not migrated, you will lose access to PMC and your account will be blocked.
30. When will Partner Membership Center (PMC) retire?
Partner Membership Center (PMC) will be retired by the end of fiscal year FY18, until then Partner Membership Center (PMC) is active. Thereby the new and migrating partners will continue to have access.
But, renew of existing memberships will be stopped after October 20th, 2018
31. Can the Partner Login by Microsoft Account (MSA) even after successful registering in Partner Center (PC)?
For PLMT, this option is restricted for already migrated Partner.
32. How will the partner get confirmation on successful registration in Partner Center (PC)?
The partner will get success message that he is successfully migrated to Partner Center (PC). Please follow the below link to register â3087624093 To download AAD user guide
33. Who can help me to deal with this?
You can connect with your TCM and vFOS first and get your queries clarified. If you still need help, please contact us at 936-744-2042